Expert panel discussion: Climate change, and the role of policy, politicians and Generation Z
Date & Time: 19th February 2019 – 19:00-22:00
Venue: University College Utrecht – Auditorium
Address: Kriekenpitplein 1, 3584 EC Utrecht, The Netherlands
Powered by: Liberaal Groen, the VVD sustainability thinktank
REGISTRATION required: please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to register; there is a limited number of seats available.
- Matthijs Sienot, Member of Parliament from D66 Liberal Democrats, with the portfolio sustainability
- Dr. Brian Dermody, interdisciplinary Assistant Professor, Innovation Studies Department, Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development, Utrecht University
- Detlef Meijer, Expert Local Energy Transition at Utility Company Firan (formerly Alliander DGO)
- André van Schie, “lijsttrekker” for VVD provincial elections in March in Utrecht.
- Bram Cool (Moderator), Board Member of Liberaal Groen and CEO of Ezwim
- Somaye Dehban (Master of Ceremony), Ambassador of Liberaal Groen and Managing Director of Your Funding Network.
- 19:00 – Doors Open, registration and welcome drinks
- 19:30 – 21.30 Program
- 21.30 – 22.00 Networking Drinks
We will explore dilemma’s like:
- Why is Holland last on the EU list in sustainable energy production together with Malta and Cyprus
- Hot buttons: all vegan and no flights, CO2 tax, more nuclear energy, birth control, or just wait for innovation
- What is the role of innovation in the energy transition, and what is the role of government in innovation?
- Is climate change a geopolitical risk and should we treat it as a military problem?
- Who drives change? Politicians? Corporate boards and investors? Or Generation Z?