Liberal Green, the sustainability network and think tank of the Netherlands’ VVD, is organizing an expert panel discussion on climate change, the role of policy, politicians and Generation Z.
Date: February 19
Venue: University College Utrecht – Auditorium
Address: Kriekenpitplein 1, 3584 EC Utrecht
Register by emailing email@example.com. Seats are limited.
- Matthijs Sienot, member of parliament for D66 Liberal Democrats, with the portfolio sustainability
- Dr. Brian Dermody, assistant professor of Innovation Studies, Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development, Utrecht University
- Detlef Meijer, local energy transition expert at utility Firan (formerly Alliander DGO)
- André van Schie, VVD lead candidate in provincial elections in Utrecht
- Bram Cool (moderator), board member of Liberal Green and CEO of Ezwim
- Somaye Dehban (master of ceremony), ambassador of Liberal Green and managing director of Your Funding Network.
- 19:00: Doors open, registration and welcome drinks
- 19:30–21.30: Program
- 21.30–22.00: Networking drinks
Topics for debate
- Why is the Netherlands last on the EU list of sustainable energy production with Malta and Cyprus?
- Hot buttons: all vegan and no flights, CO2 tax, more nuclear energy, birth control, or just wait for innovation?
- What is the role of innovation in the energy transition, and what is the role of government in innovation?
- Is climate change a geopolitical risk and should we treat it as a military problem?
- Who drives change? Politicians? Corporate boards and investors? Generation Z?